Sunday, February 15, 2009

Time for some rethinking

So a couple of weeks ago my mom, Chris' mom, and myself made a trip to Amarillo to try on my dress for the first time. I guess all that I can say about that is that it was disappointing. Long story short is that the dress that I have is not the dress that I thought I was going to get. So there are going to have to be some alterations made to the dress. The bridal store told me that they would call with a quote and have yet to do so. So I think I have decided to just get my dress and have it altered here in town so it will be easier. Along with the dress not being perfect, the shoes were a definate NO. The color really clashed with the dress and now I really have to reconsider my wedding shoes. I have decided to go with yellow flats, but because of the season it is pretty hard to find yellow shoes. I am sure more will come out when the spring and summer things start coming into stores. I will just have to wait patiently.

Today my sister and I worked on my card box. It turned out so cute!!! You can see it at her blog here. One more thing done!!!

I also went to the reception site this weekend and talked to the owner. We got a lot of stuff figured out but we also got some bad news. We will not be able to actually get into the building until the dau of the wedding. So we will have to get everything done and setup on Saturday. That is going to be a big time crunch but somehow we will get it all done.

I am meeting with my mom this weekend while my dad and Christopher are in Vegas and we are going to get some wedding stuff done.

1 comments:

Terri said...

You are doing so good and we'll get it done. We at least ordered the "Save the Dates" so those will be coming soon and the invitations are a go...things will get done!

PS I love the card box, you did a great job on it.