Sunday, March 8, 2009

Busy Bee

I have been a very busy bee lately working on wedding stuff. Last Friday I went to a florist to talk about my bridal bouquet. It was less than impressive to say the least. Kylie, Megan and myself went to together and met with the owner of the shop. We sat at this table that was covered with crap. She didn't have anything to show me or talk to me about. She was awkward and unprepared. I am definitely not interested in doing business with her. So I am on the look out for another florist. Christopher told me that his parents met with some people who knew someone that was amazing so I guess we will go from there.


Christopher and I met with the baker at Market Street yesterday to talk about cakes. We tasted a couple of different cakes and they were delicious! Christopher's dad works with the baker and they are good friends. He was so nice and told us that because of the respect and friendship he has with Christopher's dad he is really going to do whatever he can for us at the best possible price. Now I just need to decide on what kind of cake I want and what I want it to look like. Christopher liked the cream cheese and butter cream frosting mix and so did I so I think that is what we are going to use for the frosting. We tried the white, chocolate, and Italian cake and they were all fantastic. I can't decide if I want different flavors for each tier or just one type through out. I thought the different layers would be neat but after discussing it with Christopher we though that people might come get 3 or 4 slices to try all of the different flavors and that would be a lot of cake. So I am no sure what we should do? Any suggestions?

So here are a few of cakes that I like that I have found online (keep in mind that the colors are not correct). What's your favorite?







2 comments:

Terri said...

I like all of them! I really like the ones with the yellow birds on it. I was thinking that would be cute with sunflowers instead.

TamTam said...

I like the one that is round, square, round, square...

Does that mean I'm square, or round...or square???? Or round?

Whatever! That's the one I like!

;o)